November 25-27 | State Street & Capitol Square
Holiday activities including the Holiday Trolley, Gift Bags, and shopping specials from downtown businesses. Check back or follow us on social media for more details.
2022 Event Details
Also, visit the Shine on Madison page for events and lighting displays all season long!
Special Events and Activities
Live Music at Top of State
Friday, November 25
1pm - 3pm - Eric De Los Santos
Saturday, November 26
1pm - 3pm - Angela Puerta Band
Sunday, November 27
1pm - 3pm - Raising Red
Downtown Madison Holiday Shopping Trolley
Friday, November 25 - Sunday, November 27
10am - 4pm
The Downtown Madison Holiday Shopping Trolley returns in 2022! The Holiday Shopping Trolley strolls State Street and the Capitol Square stopping at Metro stops along the way. Ride the trolley to your next shopping destination, or just enjoy the scenic loop with this downtown tradition.
Don't forget to pick up your Downtown Holiday Gift Bag with gifts specials from some of your favorite Downtown Businesses. Gift bags are available on the Holiday Trolley as well as at our Downtown Visitor Center at 452 State St. while supplies last.
Family Photo Op
Friday, November 25 - Sunday, November 27
Get the CUTEST family photos yet with our giant ornament balloon sculpture! Head to Lisa Link Peace Park (452 State St) any time over the weekend. The scuplture will be ready for your photos by 10am on Friday and will be de-installed on Sunday after 4pm.
Friday, November 25 - The Hip Hop Nutcracker
Kids in the Rotunda
Friday, November 25 - Truly Remarkable Loon
Saturday, November 26 - Yid Vicious
Downtown Business Specials
All Weekend Long
November Downtown Dossier
Jingle-SHOP in YOUR Downtown with these great specials!
- Anthology (230 State St): Shop instore for the perfect holiday cards! Get 25% off on selected boxed holiday card sets.
- Ardorposh (444 State St): Visit this Culture Collecitves pop-up shop in store! Shop women's young fall fashion! Snag 20% off regular priced clothing.
- Art Gecko State (510 State St): Browse through their great selection of jewelry – head in store to learn about discounts on specific handmade sterling silver and stone jewelry.
(25 S Pinckney St): The holidays have hit at Colectivo! Enjoy the
which features the beloved Peppermint Fluff Latte (made with homemade dairy-free Peppermint fluff) and Ginger Snap-puccino, a new drink that radiates nostalgia and holiday cheer with cozy flavors of molasses, ginger, cinnamon and cloves. Plus, new indulgent menu items like a Sunshine Maple Sausage Sandwich and a Smoked Prosciutto and Swiss Croissant.
- New this year, all Colectivo Cafes will have North Pole mailboxes for local children, adults young at heart, and pet owners to come drop off a letter that needs to get to the big guy himself. Located inside the cafe, a darling pint-size North Pole mailbox (along with paper and crayons) is ready to collect your letters. All kids will get a FREE hot chocolate (or a pup cup for dogs!) with purchase when dropping off a letter.
- Plus, get them a gift they will love! Check out Colectivo’s holiday gift guide here or see corporate gifting options here.
- It’s not too late to get your hands on a bag of Colectivo’s Badger Blend Coffee! In partnership with UW-Madison and available at any Madison area Colectivo location. Grab a bag and it will definitely have you Jumping Around!
- Downtown Madison Events : Get festive with us at the final Madison Night Market of the year on SATURDAY 11/19 - featuring the Shine On Madison Seasonal Lighting Ceremony at 6:08pm! Learn more here.
- Ellsworth Block (23 N Pinckney St, 2nd Floor): Teaming up once again with Ten by Ten Collective for a Winter Market! Don’t miss this fun indoor market located in the beautiful Ellsworth Block! Featuring live music, coffee, beer, baked goods, flowers, plants, apparel, art, and more! All vendors will be donating a portion of sales to a fund of their choice. This market focuses on giving back in more ways than one. Market runs 11/19 10am – 4pm and 11/20 10am – 3pm. Learn more here
- Fair Trade Coffee house (418 State St): While you are shopping downtown, don't forget to stop in for one of their seasonal drinks! Enjoy a Salted Caramel Mocha, Toasted White Chocolate Mocha, Peppermint Mocha, Gingerbread Latte, Tiramisu Latte, and of course, the Pumpkin Spice Latte for your stroll down State Street!
- Fontana Sports (216 N Henry St): Black Friday specials going on through Cyber Monday! Your favorite outdoor brands like The North Face, Smartwool, & more ON SALE!
(220 State St): Happy Holidays Sale! 30% OFF of a HUGE selection of items that are the last of their kind! They've got great deals to share with you as they bring in their newest winter fashion! These are PHENOMINAL prices so You WON'T WANT TO MISS THIS ONE! Friday, Nov. 25th: 10am-5pm. Saturday, Nov. 26th: 10am-4pm. Closed Sunday
- In the spirit of giving this holiday season, we have a VERY special holiday necklace promotion that you won't want to miss! Choose one necklace for yourself and one for a loved one because we are donating 100% of the proceeds to the Boys & Girls Club of Dane County & the Goodman Community Center. 1. A lab grown diamond set in a pear-shaped sterling silver setting on an 18” adjustable chain. $165 2. A lab grown diamond set in sterling silver infinity interlocking circles on an 18” chain. $165 We can help with the jewelry items on your list any time of year. Your money does good things when you shop at Goodman's.
- Knuckleheads CBD & Vapes (520 State St): This November 25th-27th stop by Knuckleheads for extra savings! Select Water Tubes and Pipes starting at 20% OFF, Wellness starting at 15% OFF, discounts on apparel and more! Our dugouts, rolling trays, smell-proof bags, and more make great gifts for this holiday season. You'll also get a free gift with a purchase of $75 or more.
- Little Luxuries (230 State St): Join their festive experience with tasty refreshments, complimentary gift wrapping, jolly customer service, gifts that give back, and a present with purchase on Small Business Saturday.
- Madame Chu (444 State St): Visit this Culture Collecitves pop-up shop for delicious additions to your culinary repertoire and so much more!
- So Simple Shop (148 E Wilson St): Head in store or shop online for stylish and high-quality textiles like: Mongolian cashmere and Turkish home goods that you’ll love for seasons to come!
The Soap Opera
(319 State St): Find special daily deals all weekend!
- 11/25: Get 50% off select online items and 25% off The Soap Opera brand items in-store.
- 11/26: Stop in to get a free cup of hot cocoa and shop small for Small Business Saturday!
- 11/25, 26, &27: Take a ride on the Downtown Madison Holiday Trolley and get a coupon for a free lip balm!
- The University Book Store (711 State St): Exclusive to shoppers on Thanksgiving weekend – enter to win a drawing for a $50 University Book Store gift card!
Want to download a PDF of the Downtown Dossier? Find it here!
Other Holiday Activities
Downtown Holiday Carolers Presented by Colectivo Coffee
December 3, 10, and 17
Madison Musical Groups will stroll State Street and the Capitol area serenading shoppers on Saturdays in December. Groups will begin at Peace Park at 452 State St. before strolling through downtown. A special thank you to Colectivo Coffee for sponsoring the Holiday Carolers.
Saturday, December 10
1pm-3pm - Capitol Chordsmen
The Downtown Holiday Open House is brought to you by Madison's Central Business Improvement District (BID).