November 24-26 | State Street & Capitol Square
Holiday activities including the Holiday Trolley, Gift Bags, and shopping specials from downtown businesses.
More details added daily.
2023 Event Details
Also, visit the Shine on Madison page for events and lighting displays all season long!
Special Events and Activities
As of 11/15/23
Live Music at Top of State
Friday, November 24
Saturday, November 25
Sunday, November 26 - Cancelled due to weather
Downtown Madison Holiday Shopping Trolley
10am - 4pm
- November 24
- November 25
- December 2
- December 9
- December 16
The Holiday Shopping Trolley strolls State Street and the Capitol Square stopping at Metro stops along the way. Ride the trolley to your next shopping destination, or just enjoy the scenic loop with this downtown tradition.
Don't forget to pick up your Downtown Holiday Gift Bag with gifts specials from some of your favorite Downtown Businesses. Gift bags are available on the Holiday Trolley as well as at our Downtown Visitor Center at 452 State St. while supplies last.
Downtown Madison's holiday shopping trolley is brought to you by Don's Home Furniture.
Family Photo Op
Friday, November 24 - Sunday, November 26
Get the CUTEST family photos yet with our giant ornament balloon sculpture! Head to Lisa Link Peace Park (452 State St) any time over the weekend. The scuplture will be ready for your photos by 10am on Friday and will be de-installed on Sunday after 4pm.
Downtown Business Specials
All Weekend Long
Jingle-SHOP in YOUR Downtown with these great specials!
As of 11/15/23
- Anthology (230 State St): Shop instore for the perfect holiday cards! Get 25% off on selected boxed holiday card sets.
Art Gecko State
(510 State St): Browse through their great selection of jewelry and take advantage of great deals like:
- Get 20% off amethyst and dendritic agate fine jewelry!
- BOGO 50% off on costume and natural jewelry!
- Other special sales ya gotta head in store to discover!
- Best Western Premier Park Hotel (22 S Carroll St): Get entered to win a NYE stay in a Park Hotel suite when you stay overnight or make a purchase in the Post over Thanksgiving weekend!
- Boulders Climbing Gym (129 S Carroll St): Get 2-for-1 Day Passes at Boulders Downtown all weekend long!!
- Downtown Madison Events : Get festive with us at the Shine On Madison Seasonal Lighting Ceremony at 5pm! Learn more here.
- Fontana Sports (216 N Henry St): Stop in for Black Friday Deals all weekend on your favorite outdoor brands - Patagonia, The North Face, Smartwool, Sorel & many more!
(220 State St): Sales and super specials on some of your favorite jewelry items! Must see of the season.
- Get 40% off of all 'retired' items in their best selling fashion collection, Ania Haie. Fabulous styles at even better prices! (prices start at $20.)
- 40% off of all Victorinox Swiss Army watches and Rado watches.
- FREE EARRINGS FOR YOU! When you spend $99 in Ania Haie jewelry, pick 1 of 2 styles of earrings for FREE! When you spend $139 in Ania Haie jewelry, pick 1 of 3 earring styles for FREE.
- Remember, a gift certificate from Goodman's is always a solid winner!
- Ian's Pizza (100 State St): Get a FREE slice card when you purchase a $25 Ian's Pizza Gift Card!!!
- Jewelers on State St (550 State St): Take advantage of their 30% friends and family discount this weekend only!
- Lake City Books (107 N Hamilton St): In store shoppers can enter a raffle to win a $100 gift card towards their holiday shopping! This weekend only! (Winner announced the following week.)
(230 State St): Stop in for deals and fun treats!
- Offering holiday cookies from Just Bakery
- Enter to win a gift box valued at $100
- Holiday Giving Tree for Reach Dane. Help Early Head Start children by taking a heart from our tree and fulfilling their wish.
- Four weeks of Gifts that Give Back. Starting November 24th, a percentage of each week’s sales will go to a Madison non-profit.
- Madame Chu (444 State St): Visit this Culture Collectives pop-up shop for delicious additions to your culinary repertoire and so much more!
- Madison Modern Market (310 State St): Get 10% off all purchases of $100+, OR, get 15% off all purchases of $200+!
Overture Center for the Arts
(201 State St): Don't miss three special Kids in the Rotunda performances with Cash Box Kings for all ages! Shows are Friday November 24 at 9:30am, 11am, and 1pm on the Rotunda stage!
- The Cash Box Kings are dedicated to carrying on the spirit of the 1940’s and 50’s post-war blues sound. With performances throughout the United States, South America and Europe, this rockin’ blues band has gained international acclaim. The band showcases the music of the classic Chicago era and have tailored their Rotunda performances to teaching children about this time-honored genre. The Cash Box Kings give families an opportunity to dance, sing and even get up on stage to play harmonica. This be-bopping blues party will have the entire family on their feet!
- The 1pm performance will be American Sign Language interpreted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least one hour ahead to be seated within sight of the interpreter for live performances.
- Parthenon Gyros (316 State St): Snag 25% off on Yips Yogurt Chips - the best stocking stuffer!
- The Soap Opera (319 State St): Enjoy FREE hot chocolate and tea instore while you shop!
- Tropic Jewel (449 State St, Suite #F): Browse from a huge selection of sterling silver jewelry, locally handmade jewelry, and beading supplies! PLUS! Get 20% off all handmade necklaces 11/24 - 11/26!
- Wisconsin Veterans Museum (30 W Mifflin St): Score 20% off storewide when you stop by their gift shop!
Looking for a pdf flyer of all the specials? Find it here!
Other Holiday Activities
Downtown Holiday Carolers
Satudays in December
Madison Musical Groups will stroll State Street and the Capitol area serenading shoppers on Saturdays in December. Groups will begin at Peace Park at 452 State St. before strolling through downtown.
Saturday, December 2
1pm-3pm - UW Tangled Up In Blue
The Downtown Holiday Open House is brought to you by Madison Gas & Electric Foundation, Madison National Life (a Horace Mann Company), Wisconisn Historical Society, and Madison's Central Business Improvement District (BID).