April 21, 2022
The Downtown Madison SPRING Wine Walk is hosted by Madison’s Central Business Improvement District. This evening event is a fun, safe way to shop and to enjoy downtown.
Explore the shops and businesses in Downtown Madison as you taste a variety of wines, beer and specialty beverages. Registration includes a commemorative wine glass, wristband, market bag, drink samples and shopping specials at a variety of Sip Stops.
- 4-6pm Registration Open
- 5pm Sampling BEGINS
- 5-8pm Sampling
- 8pm Sampling ENDS
- 9pm Prize Drawings
- $41 per person.
- Limited to 500 tickets.
- Must be 21+. Tickets include: wine glass, wristband, market bag, food and drink samples
- Designated driver tickets are FREE but do not include wine glasses. Please register for samples, market bag and to be eligible for prizes.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
- TICKETS ON SALE NOW Get yours here!
HOW IT WORKS ~
- There are several Sip Stops on the Walk.
- Each Sip Stop will have samples available.
- Alcoholic sample sizes are limited to 1 – 2 ounces.
- A Google map marks the participating locations and will be emailed to ticket purchasers and available the evening of the Walk.
- Participants pick up their glass and bring their glass along to participating business to sample.
- Attendees choose their own path along the walk and select which stops to visit.
HOW TO START ~
To start the Walk, each ticket holder must stop at the main check in location - Downtown Madison Visitors Center, 452 State Street between 4pm and 6pm on the day of the event to show their ID (proof of legal drinking age) and to pick up their wristband, commemorative glass, shopping bag and list of participating businesses.
No samples will be poured prior to 5pm.
No ID = No Wristband; No wristband = No wine.
You may NOT pick up wristbands for other people.
Wristbands will be secured at check in.
THE RULES ~
- Must be 21+.
- Must provide proof of legal age at wristband check in.
- No wine/beverages will be served prior to 5pm.
- All wine glasses must be empty before leaving a Sip Stop location.
- No open intoxicants in public spaces!
- Business will have a dump bucket and rinse station available.
Please do not ask participating businesses to over pour or give you an extra swig. It's not worth breaking the pouring, over serving or open intoxicant law.
If you appear intoxicated, business owners and servers have the right to refuse serving you.
- Bring your ID.
- Wear comfortable shoes and weather-appropriate clothing, you'll be walking outdoors between locations.
- Cross the street at crosswalks!
- Post photos to Instagram (@VisitDowntownMadison) and Facebook (@DowntownMadison) or use hashtag #DowntownMadison #MadisonWineWalk #VisitDowntownMadison
ENJOY THE EVENING RESPONSIBLY!
2022 Spring Wine Walk Map