Frequently used HTML
For basic instructions on putting simple HTML codes into your content blocks, go to the "Basic HTML Hints" section of the User Guide, located at the top of your Control Panel. The hints will explain how to:
Building Basic HTML Tables
- Insert links into the text of your content blocks
- Create links that will either open in a new window or in the same window
- Create bold or italic text
- Break single content blocks into smaller paragraphs
- Separate content areas with a horizontal line
The link below opens a PDF with simple instructions on how to make text tables and image tables in your IMS SiteManager content blocks.
The image table idea is essentially a row of small images along the bottom of a page that you might use to display individually linked sponsor logos.
A few basic things to remember:
HTML Table Instructions (pdf)
- PLEASE practice using HTML in an inactive content block or on an inactive page. You will be able to see what you are typing, preview how it will look, and you won't accidentally put it on your live site.
- Don't be afraid to experiment. You don't have to make tables with numbers - use words. You don't have to make tables with borders either. The more you practice the more comfortable building a table will be.
- You are always more than welcome to call us and ask questions or for other helpful hints.