Park Easy Downtown
The City of Madison Parking Division provides more than 5,000 public parking spaces downtown, including 1,300 on-street metered spaces. About 4,000 more spaces are available in county, private and university lots and garages. So come downtown to work, shop, dine and play. We'll help you get here and park.
of downtown public parking with links to Google maps.
Printable Downtown Parking Map
Parking Info Sheet
listing garages and lots (see also below)
New Short Term Parking in State Street Capitol Garage!
Looking for convenient downtown parking for 2 hours and under? There is a new supply in the State Street Capitol Garage, ground level (enter off of the 100 blocks of W. Dayton or W. Johnson Sts., between Carroll and State Sts.). There are now 36 more metered spaces, 2 hours and under, on that ground floor, with multi-space meters that take coin, credit and debit cards. Conveniently located to both State Street and the Capitol Square, and always available, even when the garages are $5 pay on entry special event parking!
City Parking News
, Pay by Cell pilot project for Buckeye Lot
Real Time Parking Availability
now available on the web. Mobile link: bit.ly/cityparking
accept credit and debit cards or coins.
City Special Event Parking Calendar
City of Madison Lots and Garages:
Open and enforced 24/7, Sundays and holidays included. Look for the green "P" signs. Visa, MasterCard and cash accepted. Rates vary per garage from 75¢/hr to $1.50/hr, $5 max nights & weekends. On-street meters are $1.75/hr. Special event rate ($5.00 pay-on-entry, cash or pre-paid coupon only) can apply in City garages and Brayton Lot.
Special Event Calendar
Additional Downtown Parking
- CAPITOL SQUARE NORTH, 218 East Mifflin St. Entrances at 100 N. Butler St., 200 E. Mifflin St., 100 N. Webster St. Cashiered / Pay Station / Pay-on-Foot Spaces.
- BRAYTON LOT, 1 S. Butler St. Entrance at 10 S. Butler St. Pay-on-Foot Spaces. NOTE: Brayton Lot repairs begin Mon., July 22. Hourly parkers are encouraged to use the Capitol Square North Garage. Monthly parking will be maintained during repairs.
- GOVERNMENT EAST GARAGE, 215 S. Pinckney St. Entrances at 200 S. Pinckney St., 100 E. Wilson St. Cashiered / Pay Station / Pay-on-Foot Spaces.
- LOT 88, 215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Entrances at 10 E. Doty St. & 10 E. Wilson St. Meters.
- STATE STREET CAPITOL GARAGE, 214 N. Carroll St. Entrances at 100 W. Dayton St., 200 N. Carroll St., 100 W. Johnson St. Cashiered/ Pay Station / Pay-on-Foot Spaces / Meters.
- OVERTURE CENTER GARAGE, 318 W. Mifflin St. Entrances at 300 W. Dayton St., 300 W. Mifflin St. Cashiered / Pay Station / Pay-on-Foot Spaces.
- BUCKEYE LOT, 214 W. Gorham St. Entrances at 200 W. Gorham St. & 200 W. Gilman St. Metered.
- STATE STREET CAMPUS GARAGE, 430 N. Frances St. (Frances St. side), 415 N. Lake St. (Lake St. side). Cashiered / Pay Station / Pay-on-Foot Spaces.
University of Wisconsin Campus Parking
MONONA TERRACE, One John Nolen Drive.
Cashier-operated parking structure; enter from West Wilson Street, just south of Carroll Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard, or from the eastbound lanes of John Nolen Dr.
- CAPITOL SQUARE SOUTH GARAGE (Dane County Parking GARAGE) 113 S. Henry St.
Metered, enforced 24/7 including holidays. Bill changer near northeast stairwell on street level (floor 3).
- BLOCK 89: Underground garage hourly parking available. Entrance at 10 East Doty St.
- US BANK PLAZA: Garage, hourly parking weekdays only. Entrance on S. Webster between E. Washington Ave. & E. Main St.
- TENNEY PLAZA: Garage with hourly parking. Entrance on E. Main St. between S. Pinckney & S. Webster Sts.
- DAYTON-PINCKNEY GARAGE: 118 N. Pinckney St. Hourly parking. Entrances on E. Dayton & S. Pinckney Sts.
- UNIVERSITY SQUARE: Garage with hourly parking. Entrance on Lake St. between University Ave. & Johnson St.
Public parking near east campus/downtown. (Lot restrictions, rates may vary per special event schedule).
Central Downtown: View Map & Get Directions
View Larger Map
- FLUNO CENTER (Lot 83),
601 University Avenue, enter off Frances St. Attendant, $10/day.
- GRAINGER HALL (Lot 7), 975 University Avenue, enter off Brooks Street between University and West Johnson. Metered parking and/or lot attendant.
- HELEN C. WHITE HALL (Lot 6), 600 North Park Street. Metered and/or attendant.
- MEMORIAL UNION (Lot 1), 790 Langdon Street. Metered parking.
- LAKE & JOHNSON GARAGE (Lot 46), 301 N. Lake St. Metered parking available in lower level and off Frances St. entrance.