Sign me up! I want to jump-start my holiday sales and draw customers into my business at the Downtown Holiday Open House, Fri.-Sun., November 25-27, 2016, 9:30 am - 4 pm. This shopping, dining and family event is an alternative to the shopping mall and big-box "door busters."
Activities/events to bring customer traffic downtown will include:
- Free Holiday Trolley rides, State St. & Capitol Square
- Free "Kids in the Rotunda" shows at Overture Center Fri. and Sat., Nov. 25-26
- Kid's & family activities at DreamBank - American Family Insurance
- YOU! Special offers, activities and refreshments from participating merchants.
Attendance and Traffic
The 2015 Holiday Open House had:
3,000+ Holiday Trolley riders over the two days.
Overture Program attendance: 2,000+
DreamBank activity attendance: Exceeded attendance of 1,000.
Merchant reports: Weekend sales YOY comparisons range from "even" and "up a smidge," to up 10% or 15%, to '"our Friday and Saturday was better than the last 5 years."
Event Promotion: Event brochure/program inserted in the Nov. 17 issue of Isthmus (full run) plus additional advertising, website, social media, media relations, in-store fliers, posters, cross-promotion with event partners (Isthmus, WOLX, Triple M, Overture, etc.). Planned paid advertising/marketing circulation of 258,000+ in greater Madison area.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
* NOTE: Your business does not need to open at 9:30am to participate Publicized event hours are 9:30am start because Overture kids' programs start then. BID Holiday Trolley will start at 10am.
- Sign up no later than Fri., Oct. 14
- Be open on Fri.-Sun. Nov. 25-27.*
- Offer a discount, gift with purchase, or drawing or event. (Also suggested: In-store refreshments.) E.g.
- Discounts for Nov. 25-27 or for selected item(s).
- Gift with Purchase, e.g., gift with minimum purchase, or drink/appetizer with meal purchase.
- In-Store Drawing, Event or Activity (must be something more than "cookies & cider" to be listed in program).
- Display BID-provided "Stop In Here" event poster.
- Cross promote the Holiday Open House in your store, website, social media and advertising. BID will provide event logo, link.
- This event works best when many businesses on the same block participate. Encourage your business neighbors to participate!
Questions? Contact Tiffany Kenney (608) 512-1340, email@example.com or Tim Jenquin, (608) 512-1341, firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIGN UP DEADLINE: Friday October 14 - EXTENDED TO OCTOBER 21
There is no charge to participate. You must be a member business within Madison's Central Business Improvement District (BID) and/or a GSSBA member business to participate.
Please complete all required fields.