The Perfect Ending for Summer in YOUR City
Celebrate the end of the summer in YOUR City with a fun, interactive game using one of the fastest growing social media tools - Instagram.
From August 11th through August 14th you are invited to participate as "IQuesters" in a variety of challenges on a social media/photography quest throughout Madison's Central Business Improvement District.
Registration is NOW open online. Individual and team registrations are available. Prizes will be awarded along the way, for the most points and for best team efforts.
The Downtown Madison InstaQuest Challenge offers a fun and exciting way to celebrate Summer in YOUR City.
Put together a TEAM or alone.
This event is produced by Central Madison's Business Improvement District with support from the City of Madison, The Isthmus, Madison Eats and B-Cycle.
The Quest is ON!
InstaQuest 2016 Begins at 12:01am on Thursday, August 11. Here are some very important links to help you on your adventure! Have fun, stay safe and enjoy all that Downtown Madison has to offer.
View a PDF of the InstaQuest Challenge List.
Click here to view a Google map of the IQ Challenges.
Complete your registration here. Add your social media contact information here.
Participating Businesses & Organizations
- Ian's Pizza
- State Street Brats
- Wisconsin Historical Musuem
- Chazen Museum of Art
- Parthenon Gyros Restaurant
- A Room of One's Own Bookstore
- Mackesey's Irish Pub
- Overture Center
- Palmyra Mediterranean Grill
- Lisa Link Peace Park
- Goodman Jewelers
- Red Elephant
- It's Sugar
- Heritage Tavern
- Madison Children's Museum
- Forage 665 State street
One Grand Prize will be awarded.
Grand Prize includes:
- $100 gift certificate from Paul's Club
- $125 gift certificate from Marigold Kitchen
- 2-night stay for 4 from The Concourse Hotel
- $50 gift certificate from Anthology
- $200 gift certificatefrom Estrellon
Additional prizes will be awarded along the way.
- $25 gift card from Ians
- $25 gift card from Short Stack Eatery
- Salted Caramels from Kilwins Chocolate Shop
- 10% off membership from MMoCA
- 4 membership passes from MMoCA
- $25 gift car from A Room of One's Own
- ladies motion W watch with white band from Goodman's Jeweler
- 2 tickets to Adult Swim from Madison Children's Museum
- Coupons from Ragstock
- Coupons from Fontana
- 3 pairs of socks from Fontana
- $15 gift certificate from Parthenon
- Chocolates from Red Elephant
- 20% off coupons from It's Sugar
- Chazen Membership from Chazen
Event launches at 12:01am on THURSDAY AUGUST 11 and ends at 5pm on SUNDAY AUGUST 14.
Register individually or as teams of 4.
Fee is $10 per person or $20 for teams up to 4.
Teams must decide and select a team name and social media hashtag.
One member of each team must have an Instgram Account.
There will be 40 - 50 total IQ challenges for a total of 500 points.
Quest challenges will vary in level of difficulty and points earned will vary.
Challenges will not require purchases but may involved interaction with downtown businesses.
Many challenges involve downtown public spaces.
Challenge clues will be revealed on 8/11 in The Isthmus
Some clues may lead to other clues.
There will be some surprise clues.
There will be a few clues revealed on social media. >>> Make sure to follow us on Facebook and on Instagram.
Prizes will be awarded for the most points, the best team name, special challenges and as surprises along the weekend.
- Event launches at 12:01am on THURSDAY, AUGUST 11 and ends at 5pm on SUNDAY, AUGUST 14, 2016.
- Competitors are called IQuesters.
- IQuesters can register as an "Individual" or as a "Team."
- All ages are welcome to participate on a Team.
- Individuals participants or Team captain must be 18.
- Teams can include up to 4 Team members.
- Individuals must have and/or one member of each Team must have an Instagram Account.
- Teams must come up with "teamname."
- #teamname must be used for Instagram pictures throughout the event.
- Competitors must follow @visitdowntownmadison on Instagram.
- Individuals must submit answers by registered Individual. Team clue submission can be submitted any team member (up to 4 unique users) using the team's #teamname
- There will be 40 - 50 total IQ challenges for a maximum total of 500 points, including surprise and pop-up clues.
- Quest challenges will vary in level of difficulty and points earned will vary.
- All answers must have a "today only" element. No previously taken pictures or copyrighted images may be submitted as a challenge answers.
- All answers must posted to Instagram and must include the following:
Tag @visitdowntownmadison on Instagram
#teamname (if registered as a team)
If challenge is at a business, either tag the business on Instagram or # for the business. This will be noted on the challenge list.
- Points are issued once per challenge. You can not do each challenge more than once (for points) teams only get points for one response per challenge.
- Challenges will not require purchases but may involve interaction with downtown businesses.
- Many challenges involve downtown public spaces.
- There will be some surprise & pop-up challenges.
- There will be a few challenges revealed on social media. >>> Make sure to follow us on Facebook and on Instagram.
- Challenge will be revealed on the back page of The Isthmus on 8/11/16 and at 12:01am on the @DowntownMadison Facebook page.
- A final social media challenge will be issued on Sunday between 1pm and 3pm.
- One Grand prize will be issued to the Individual or Team to collect the most points.
- In the event of a tie, the timestamp of the final challenge on Instagram will determine the winner and/or a playoff challenge will be issued.
- Prizes will be awarded for the best team name, special challenges and as surprises along the weekend.
- Winners will all be notified on MONDAY, AUGUST 15.